Outsourcing For A Work Life Balance
We feel comfortable with outsourcing tasks to specialists such as attorneys and accountants because we don’t usually have the required skills.
Outsourcing for home business owners does not have to mean high end business tasks.
Outsourcing is equally valid when you
- want or need more time to focus on other work tasks
- don’t have an interest in a specific area
- want to spend more time to relax
- want to spend more time with your family
- want to give yourself some “me” time
- Any others?
An Australian Bureau of Statistics study found that only 13 percent of households outsource gardening tasks, and only 10% outsourced cleaning and ironing tasks.
How about these?
- personal chef (if you’re feeling indulgent)
- personal shopper
- personal home organizer
- personal concierge
- baby sitting
- virtual assistant
- home cleaner
- ironing assistance
- yard work
While your budget may not stretch to too much outsourcing, you can also call on family and friends. Reciprocating is the name of the game. The two way street approach is also true of networking with colleagues - another form of outsourcing if you can all call on each other in your areas of strength.
- What tasks would (do) you outsource to move you ahead with your home business?
© Image courtesy of Yvonne Russell at Grow Your Writing Business.com
POSTED IN: Organization