Start Your Own Home Based Gift Basket Business - Is It a Good Fit For You?
Are You Suited To A Home Based Gift Basket Business?
A business is always more work than it looks, so it’s a good idea to research any home based business thoroughly before you commit to it fully, time, energy and money wise.
You need to be realistic about what is involved. There are of course, all the benefits (and pitfalls) of being your own boss, and working from home.
Weigh up the pros and cons for your specific circumstances. Here are a few to get you thinking.
PROS - Starting Your Own Home Based Gift Basket Business May Suit You If You…
- are creative
- are interested in crafts
- like working with your hands
- have an eye for color and design
- enjoy working with your hands
- like working with beautiful things
- enjoy following new products
- enjoy keeping on top of new trends
- have an entrepreneurial flair
- are willing to be flexible with special orders
- can identify opportunities
- are willing to market your products and skills
CONS - Starting Your Own Home Based Gift Basket Business May Not Suit You If You…
- don’t like repetition (unless each gift basket is unique)
- can’t stand for long
- suffer pain with repetitive hand movements
- don’t have cash flow to pay for stock before you get paid
- cannot access suitable supplies with a good margin
- have other commitments which don’t allow you to guarantee deadlines
Plus - of course, if most of the pros in the first list above don’t sound like you, then these are actually cons, and starting your own home based gift basket business may not be a good fit for you.
Future Articles - Starting Your Own Gift Basket Business
- getting starting with a home based gift basket business
- gift basket theme ideas
- running a home based gift basket business
- types of gift baskets you can make
- interview with a home based gift basket business owner
If you have made gift baskets for fun or profit, please weigh in with any other pros and cons of a home based gift basket business.
This is part of an ongoing series exploring different home based business start up ideas.
POSTED IN: Business Ideas