Thursday Thirteen - 13 Thoughtful Follow-up Tips
Following up on customer sales and services helps with satisfied customers or repeat sales and visits.
Have you tried any of these 13 Thoughtful Follow-up Tips? Some tips will work better than others, depending on your customer, your product, and the nature of your business.
- Send an e-mail, asking if they have any questions.
- Write and mail a post card or note with a “thank you” and inquiry regarding satisfaction.
- Make a phone call to see if a package arrived safely and satisfactorily.
- Include a value added item in the package. Some authors include colorful bookmarks with their books.
- Keep a record of who purchases from you and send them a tip about using your product.
- With some businesses, it’s appropriate to keep a record of birthdays and send cards on those days.
- Ask if they will sign a mailing/e-mail list for updates. Include some added value information with the product or service update.
- Offer a something special with a second purchase. Include this information with a follow-up note or e-mail.
- Provide some information of value on your blog or web site and refer customers to it.
- Be available with there is a problem and deal with it.
- If you find you’ve made a mistake, follow up on it immediately.
- Try to remember details about your customers likes and dislikes.
- Try your very best to spell their name correctly in any follow-up communication.
Value Added Tip: SMILE! And check out Yvonne Russell’s earlier post today, Smiles & Thank You’s…The Low Tech Way To Positive Business Connections
Do you have any tips to share?
(c)2008 Mary Emma AllenTags: , customer relations, home-business, promotion, Thursday-13, value-+-adding