Humor Writer Tim Bete Stops By Home Biz Notes with 10 Promotional Tips
Humor writer Tim Bete has been touring the blogosphere during July to promote his latest book, Guide to Pirate Parenting. Today Tim stops by Home Biz Notes with 10 Tips for Promoting/Marketing Your Book. Some of these are tips you can apply to home businesses other than book writing.
Let’s see what Tim has to say about book promotion:
10 Tips for Promoting/Marketing Your Book
1) Offer review copies to bloggers and Web site editors. If you can’t afford to send hard copies, offer a PDF file of your book for review.
2) Hire a blog tour service, such as Pump Up Your Book Promotion. These types of services are much more cost effective than trying to reinvent the wheel.
3) Create a Web site and blog for your book. Even if you already have a Web site, create separate ones for your book. Make daily posts to your blog and your search engine rankings will increase significantly
4) Promote your book to places other than book stores. For example, I targeted coastal gift shops and pirate events rather than book stores.
5) Consider a postcard mailing to possible resellers of your book. There are many online services that will print and mail a postcard for you. Put the cover of your book on the front, along with a few testimonials.
6) Send review copies to magazines for any schools/colleges from which you’ve graduated.
7) Set up a PayPal account so you can sell autographed copies of your book directly from your Web site.
8) Create a video book trailer and post it on YouTube and other video sharing sites. My book trailer has already had more than 2,000 views.
9) Offer free copies of your book to radio stations as giveaways during interviews or even if you aren’t being interviewed.
10) Enjoy the marketing process and have realistic expectations. It’s unlikely you’re going to have a best seller but that doesn’t mean you can’t make a little money and have fun!
For more information about Tim and Cap’n Billy, tune into Pump Up Your Online Book Promotion.
If you have questions for Tim, ask away in the comments below.
(c)2008Tags: book marketing, book promotion, book promotion tips, Guide to Pirate Parenting, home-+-biz-+-notes, home-business, Mary Allen, Mary Emma, Mary-+-Emma-+-Allen, Pump Up Your Book Promotion, Tim Bete