Bed & Breakfast Business - Do You Have What It Takes?
Their home is their business in every sense. Clients don’t come for meetings. They come to stay.
Do you have what it takes to run a financially successful bed and breakfast?
For the right person, couple or team, it can be a rewarding home business.
21 Brainsparks For Prospective Bed and Breakfast Owners
- Do you enjoy dealing with people?
- Do you have private space in your home?
- Do you have some time to yourself?
- Do you take pride in your home and gardens?
- Are your children at a stage where your bed and breakfast business and family needs are compatible?
- Does your home lend itself to a conversion or do you need a ready made bed and breakfast?
- Will it be in your area or will you relocate?
- Have you checked out your competition?
- What are the local regulations for home businesses?
- What are the local regulations for bed and breakfast businesses?
- Have you stayed in bed and breakfasts yourself?
- Have you spoken to bed and breakfast owners?
- Have you joined a bed and breakfast association or done a course?
- Will you operate year round?
- Will there be enough clients in your area?
- What is there to draw clients to your area?
- What is your point of difference?
- Are you able to set a routine for yourself?
- Are you able to be flexible?
- Are you a member of local networking groups?
- Have you read recommended books on the topic?
How to Open a Financially Successful Bed & Breakfast or Small Hotel is a great practical business reference with solid information and a bonus CD with forms.
If you own a bed and breakfast business (or any other home business), and would like to be interviewed for Home Biz Notes, I’d love to hear from you.
POSTED IN: Business Ideas