Can Internet Mishaps Affect Your Home Business?
Most of you probably heard about the Internet cables in the Mediterranean north of Egypt that were cut recently, disrupting service in that area and others further east. At first there were two and today a third became known according to an article at BBC News, New cable cut compounds tech woes.
Wednesday’s (Jan.31, 2–8) incident caused disruption to 70% of the nationwide internet network in Egypt on Wednesday, while India suffered up to 60% disruption.
What if this happened in your area? Maybe your were affected by this incident?
- Are you prepared with back-up of your records and inventories?
- Can you contact your customers without the use of the computer?
- Do you have the ability to keep in touch with your customers/clients by phone?
- Is any part of your production powered by the Internet?
- Can you do ordering, filling orders, banking if the Internet goes down?
Think about what you would do if you didn’t have Internet access and share your plan with us.
If you were affected by this latest crisis, we’d like to know how you’re coping.
Technical Failures Can Affect Home Businesses
(c)2008 Mary Emma AllenTags: Egypt, home-business, Internet, internet cables, Mediterrannean
POSTED IN: Technology