Reader Dilemma - I Can’t Open The Link The Company Emailed Me. Can You Help?
Phyllis, one of our readers has an email dilemma. Can you help? Here are my quick thoughts, but please feel free to chip in and add your own ideas to help Phyllis out.
I get an email from book order co. and they want me to click on their link to order or not but when I click on the link, nothing happens. where do I reset to let me follow through with the link so I can order or not.
I can`t figure it out. It used to work great. no problems until a couple days ago. I must have changed something that I`m unaware of. Please help.
If the email is in your Junk Mail folder, move it to your Inbox.
In my version of Outlook Express, you can’t open Junk Mail hyperlinks until you give the email the “okay” and relocate it to the Inbox.
- Put your cursor over the text of the hyperlink and check the actual web address. If this is incorrect, it won’t open. This can sometimes be as simple as a space that shouldn’t be there or the addition of a period at the end.
- If this seems fine, copy this URL into your URL field and try it that way.
- If all else fails, contact the company and ask them. Maybe it’s an old or invalid link.
- Any other suggestions? Over to you.
Phyllis, maybe you can check back in and let us know what worked for you when you resolve it.
Email Related Posts:
- Cartoon - Email Danger Of Hitting “Reply To All” Without Thinking
- Tame Your Email Overload - Tips From Fellow Bloggers
- Taming My Email Overload - Early Steps Are Paying Off
- Taming Email - Batching Emails Is Good For Productivity
- Set Up Email Rules In Outlook Express For Increased Productivity
© Image courtesy of Yvonne Russell at Grow Your Writing Business.comTags: Email, home-+-biz-+-notes, home-business, reader question, yvonne russell
POSTED IN: Email