The Different Drummer & Taking Chances
Henry Thoreau said
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.
It’s much easier to follow the crowd, but if you hear that different drum, it’s important to be true to yourself. Imagine if you had the chance to start your home business, but you didn’t have the courage? Making the move to run your own business definitely does take courage and commitment.
We take chances every day in life, let alone in our business. Every time we move outside our comfort zone we challenge ourselves. Taking chances does not being completely reckless. It means learning new skills, stretching and trying new things.
Take A Chance In Your Business
- Try a new marketing strategy
- Introduce yourself to someone new at a networking event
- Learn a new skill
- Set yourself a realistic challenge
- Promote yourself and your business in a newspaper article
- And the list goes on….
- Have you taken a chance, no matter how large or small that has paid off for your business?
- Any tips on taking chances in business?
POSTED IN: Planning