Spare Room Startup - The Book - Peek Behind The Scenes With Author Emma Jones
Emma Jones is the editor of Enterprise Nation, the UK’s premier home business site and the author of Spare Room Startup: How To Start A Business From Home.
Have you ever wanted to write a business book?
Being the author of a business book gives you credibility with your peers, with your customers and with the media. I asked Emma some questions, and she has generously offered some insights and tips.
Emma’s answers will be featured in a series of 3 posts.
- about Spare Room Startup and how if differs from other home business books
- how a book can help a home business owner become an industry authority
- future plans for her site Enterprise Nation (the UK’s largest home business site) and for her next book
There are a lot of books on home business. How is yours different?
Mine is different for a number of reasons:
- it is a simple, stylish and friendly guide (that cannot be said for many business books!)
- it includes lots of pictures showing how I’ve turned my home into a place of work
- not only does it tell my story of starting and growing home businesses, I also profile 40 other home businesses; across the gender, age and sector profile
How did you go about doing your research for Spare Room Startup?
Let me tell you, this book was in research mode for a good 5 years before it was written. That’s what I said to the publisher when I first met him “it’s taken me 5 years to prepare for this meeting!” – by that, I mean I’ve been researching the home business market since selling my first home business in 2003. ”
I then launched the home business website www.enterprisenation.com in 2006 and started to profile lots of successful home businesses. My own experience of having started, grown and sold a business from home, and then speaking to hundreds of other business owners, was the research I needed for this book. But the research never stops.
Spare Room Startup:How To Start A Business From Home can be purchased from Amazon or from the UK publisher, Harriman House.Tags: Emma Jones, home-+-biz-+-notes, home-business, spare room startup, spare room startup review, yvonne russell
POSTED IN: Interviews