Travel Writing - A Great Home Business - Not Just For Baby Boomers
How would you like to make money while you travel?
When the kids have flown the coop and you have more time to yourself, baby boomers’ thoughts often turn to travel. But anyone can get started with travel writing - not just baby boomers.
Break Into Travel Writing By Writing About Your Own Area
You could start by writing about your own area. What is old hat to you may be exotic to someone else. The other advantage of writing about your local area, is there is less time and dollar cost involved for accommodation, travel, gas, phone calls etc. Plus, you know the area already and probably have some contacts.
Tips For Getting Started
- Read travel articles in the newspaper, magazines and online to get a sense of style, approach, format and length
- Enrol in a writing or travel writing course
- Find out about the business and marketing side of travel writing
- Attend a writing or travel conference, seminar or trade show
- Learn about writing for the web
- Start your own travel blog
- Join a travel or travel writing forum and learn from the experts for free
- Join a travel writers association
- Network with other travel writers and travel industry professionals
- Write. Write. Write.
- Travel Writers Forum
- Travel Blogger Forum
- Write To Travel
- Have you had success with having a travel article published? We’d love to hear about it.
Do you have any travel writing tips or questions?